Introduction to Search 2.0
Search 2.0 is customer-driven enhancement search that we anticipate will provide a better all-around user experience. Currently in beta, all EquipmentWatch subscribers now have access to test it. Customers can opt in upon reaching the software log-in page at app.equipmentwatch.com and choose between using the current search experience and Search 2.0.
Clear Your Cache
If you happen to have trouble accessing Search 2.0, make sure your cache is clear on every browser you use to access EquipmentWatch by following these steps:
- Go to https://app.equipmentwatch.com/search
- Right click anywhere
- Select the option “Inspect”
- Hover the cursor “arrow” over the refresh icon
- Right click again
- Select “Empty cache and Hard reload”
Accessing Search 2.0
- Head to your normal customer log-in area at app.equipmentwatch.com
- At the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, you’ll see this pop up:
- Click “Show Me” to open a new tab into Search 2.0.
- To get back to the current EquipmentWatch search experience, click the EquipmentWatch logo in the top left-hand corner of your screen:
Using Search 2.0
Contrary to the current search experience, Search 2.0 introduces new efficiencies by prompting users to select data sets first, thus creating a more innate search path from the very beginning. To make it even more accommodating, you have 2 options from which to decide you’d like to start filtering through data sets: “Search by Manufacturer, Model, or Serial Number” or “Search by Equipment Category”
- Search by Manufacturer, Model, or Serial Number
You’ll notice this interface is much simpler. We’ve separated make, model and serial number inputs. By having users choose their intended data set as step 1, we ensure we only show models relevant to their needs.
- Search by Equipment Category
We’ve also introduced the ability to search by Equipment Category, which is something long-time users will be especially excited about. In addition, the search results page is easier to understand, with clear chiclets at the top of the page informing the user of any filters they’ve selected.
- Auto-populated results
These help narrow down what you’re looking for, adding even more speed and precision to the search process.